About Van Doorne
Van Doorne is a large independent Dutch law firm located in Amsterdam. Van Doorne is an informal, open organisation where people are encouraged to be themselves, develop initiatives and take responsibility. Creativity and an open mind are essential if you want to look at an issue from different perspectives. That is why Van Doorne attaches so much importance to diversity. It results in better solutions for the clients of Van Doorne. And if they can operate successfully, the firm has achieved its goal. The effects of their approach is reflected in the awards and various high rankings it receives in Chambers and Legal 500. However, what is more important to the firm is that its clients, for whom they have been working for many years now, appreciate them for the personal relationship, the attention and commitment.
About the role
You would be:
- Working on cross-border financing and restructuring transactions for clients who belong to the top of the European/global real estate finance and commercial real estate;
- Applying your knowledge of banking & finance law, property law, IPR and bankruptcy/restructuring law towards assisting the clients of Van Doorne.
Van Doorne offers you:
- Personal training on the job within a close-knit and motivated team.
To strengthen their banking & finance team, Van Doorne is looking for an enthusiastic associate with knowledge of/interest in banking and finance law, as well as real estate law. The team works on complex and sometimes high-profile transactions that enable sustainable (re)development of and investment in Dutch real estate from its offices in Amsterdam and London. In addition to high-level legal advice, the lawyers are expected to have an eye for commercial, but also other interests of the parties involved, to be solution-oriented whilst at the same time maintaining integrity.
Van Doorne works for a diverse international clientele of banks, insurers, investors and developers who are well informed in respect of Dutch real estate. This may concern an American private equity investor, a German bank, a French insurer or a large Dutch developer. Van Doorne is a close-knit and passionate team of lawyers and civil-law notaries.
In exchange for your efforts, Van Doorne offers a pleasant working environment in which you are valued for your contribution.
Skills And Experience
- Law Degree (LLB) with excellent academic credentials. LLM qualification (ideally in financial/banking field) will be an advance;
- 3 to 5 years relevant post- qualification working experience, gained at a law firm or in- house legal department;
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating financing and related security documentation;
- Negotiation skills and experience;
- Transaction management and strong organizational skills;
- Business international level of English – both written and oral.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuur je je sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org